Friday, May 9, 2014

Mormon Crack

(Disclaimer: for those who follow me on Facebook I made this for a birthday present. I did not eat it and ruin my awesome, in the making, weight loss story!! I knew some of you were judging me, I could feel it.)


Mormon Crack (news flash, I'm a Mormon. And you may or may not know that Mormon's typically don't do drugs, therefore this is my drug....get it?..it's supposed to be funny but if you don't get it by now it may be a lost cause for you) is what I have decided to call this oooey gooey sticky crunchy heaven in my mouth creation. It all started a couple years ago when I was at a church bake sale and this bowl of what looked like regular old cereal sold for $90 or some crazy number like that. The weird thing about that is the person who bought it was married to the person who made it?! Well, said purchaser was sitting in front of me and let me have a taste and that was the end of my waistline (not to mention everything else I stumble upon on Pinterest). I quickly had someone snatch up her magic recipe and I made it many times. 

Then something terrible happened..........I moved and the recipe was lost!!! I text the person I got it from to have her send it to me and she never did. Then the horrible cravings set in and I was on a mission to find my oooey gooey friend again. So I finally came across this recipe on Six Sisters Stuff and it was the closest thing to the original recipe I could find, but it still wasn't the one. So here is my wanna be version of "the one" and I'll be honest, once you have it you will want it over and over again. SOOOO yummy.

Ingredients:

1 box of Rice Chex or Crispix
1 box of Golden Grahams
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups light corn syrup  

If you are feeling crazy you can also add almonds, coconut, little yummy candies or chunks of candy.

Directions:

1. Grease a big ole bowl and mix the cereals and whatever other yummy things you want to add.
2. Put the sugar, butter and corn syrup in a pan on medium heat and stir. Wait until the mixture starts to boil and let it boil for three minutes while you continue to stir. (Sometimes I turn it up to high to get things going)
3. Pour the mixture over the cereal and mix it all up.
4. Spread it out on wax paper (sometimes it sticks) or onto greased cookie sheets. 
5. Put it all back in the big bowl when it has cooled, then take the bowl and hide in a closet with it so you never have to share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment