Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mothers out there, and even the ugly ones!

 bahahahaaa....that was a joke people.

This is my mom, I call her Lafawnda.


She helped mold me into the person I am and for that I am super grateful. She also always has and continues to spoil me and my family rotten. My favorite thing about my mom is she likes to pretend that all her kids were perfect while we were growing up....or maybe she is in denial, either way.

Being a mother is the hardest thing in the world. It never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever stops and even when you are alone or getting a break you still always are thinking about what your kids are doing and if they are ok. The best thing about being a mom is how your kids love you unconditionally (at least they do when you are little, I have heard horror stories about teenagers).

 About 75% of the time I feel like I could be a better mom, have more patience, talk in a nicer voice, play pretend, play hide and go seek and take 10 minutes to find them hiding in the same spot every time. 
But no matter what they just keep loving me. I love my girlies more than anything in this world. I'm so glad they made me a mom, and help me continue to be a better one.


Now onto the serious stuff, this is how my Mother's Day played out in my head. My kids sleep soundly all night like usual. Big Daddy gets up with them at 6am. I sleep in soundly until at least 8am, then I awake to the smells of breakfast in bed and fresh flowers and the cute little homemade cards my kids made me.

My reality:
Nate falls asleep on the couch while watching House on Netflix, he never comes to bed so I can't sleep that well anyway, Sas wakes up twice yelling about who knows what, B Face wakes up once crying, Big Daddy does get up with them at 6am and keeps them quite but I can't go back to sleep. The brings me the most delicious breakfast in bed (SCORE)! B Face helps me eat it. And Sas sits in her room screaming about how it is not Mother's Day therefore she will not come in and say Happy Mother's Day to me because it was last week.

 Love my little family. And I have finally convinced Sas to make me a card even if she doesn't think it is Mother's Day. I will get my hand crafted card DANG IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment